Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday KRA

Sundays KRA race at NCMP started with a wet track...and plenty of clouds. Set-up was a guessing game with parts of the track very low on grip, and light sprinkles coming and going through the day. I made 3 solid laps in qualifying before the track became slick again. Luckily, my 3rd lap was fast enough to lock down the 1st spot on the grid! The only Rotax on a grid of 10 Leopards.

I paced the race start, and jumped out to a small lead for 3 laps. It was on lap 4 that there was an attempt at a pass on the long back straight. I knew that it was a matter of time before my gear selection was going to cost me on the straight-away. On the next lap, I was passed on the straight and lost the lead. I would hold onto 2nd place for the remainder of the race.

Great finish to a good weekend. We proved that the Rotax can be competitive at the KRA series with the Leopards. We dodged the rain for the weekend, and had a fun weekend at the track!

....next race - Waterford Hills Road Course

No comments:

Post a Comment