Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Friday heat races


Heat 2
Starting again from my 6th place...I lost a little ground during the start as our outside lane was again slow at the drop of the green flag (no due to the lack of me pushing Sean!). I lost two spots through the first two turns....but would battle back to gain one spot back before the end of the heat for a 7th place finish.

Heat 3
My start was a bit more aggressive on this heat. Every inch of space on the track was valuable through turns 1-3 at the drop of the green! I made a couple of quick moves through the first section of the track and had myself up to 4th place as we entered the first hair-pin leading to the long straight. And then my luck turned! There was a kart turned in the exit of the hair-pin...he was directly in front of me, and I had NOWHERE to go! BAM! I hit his right rear tire, and off the track we went. He fortunately drove off...I did not. = DNF in heat 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment