Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Grattan July recap

One word describes the weekend at Grattan - HOT!

Mid 90 degree temps both days this year. One positive...no rain :)

A great weekend, and a good turn-out. Great competition in all classes, and everyone was pleased with the new pavement. Track records were shattered in most if not all classes. I saw improvements in my personal best lap times by close to 2seconds! They fresh pavement and weather conditions were near perfect.

Saturday TAG125 - I had a second place finish in the tag class by .014 seconds! I battled wheel to wheel for almost the entire 25 minute race...and made the pass for the second place position on the final lap. Jordan Johnson made a run to regain the position, but I held him off to cross the line in second position.

Saturday Stock Moto 125 - I had a solid start and was into 3rd place by the end of lap one...and battled into 2nd place through lap 5. I ran as hard as I could...but could not run down the leader, and finished the race in 2nd place.

Sunday TAG125 - I had a horrible start for this race...and was in 6th place by the time we entered turn 1. The competition for this class is fierce, and I managed to work my way up into 2nd place during the first 5 laps of the race. With continued passing, and drafting changes through each lap, I found myself shuffled back into 4th place and separated from the lead pack. I could not catch the lead pack and finished the race in 4th position.

Sunday Stock Moto 125 - A solid start for this race had me in first place on turn 1. I had a sizable lead through the first 3-4 laps and thought I may be able to run away with the race when a red flag was waived due to a kart flipping accident! After a full restart and only 10mins left in the race...I re-gained the lead again on the start. On only the 3rd lap after the restart, I dropped to 2nd place. I held onto the second position and was locked onto the rear bumper of the leader. I held this position until the last lap until the leader missed a shift going through turn 2...I made my move and passed for the lead. I held the lead until we passed the start/finish line side-by-side, and I crossed in FIRST place! A hard run race, and great competition. Great fun to be able to race cleanly wheel to wheel at 100+ MPH.


Thanks to the TKZ team for everyones hard work and enduring the HEAT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment