Sunday, July 24, 2011

NCMP race update

Full day of racing with some great racers. I made slight improvements through practice and qualifying. I qualified in 10th place, and finished the heat race in 9th. The kart seemed to slow down with every lap in the heat race. Not sure if it was simply due to the heat, or if there was a bigger problem. After we examined the motor before the feature race, we found a set of cracked reeds was the problem. With new reeds installed, I raced the feature and picked up one position to finish in 8th. A respectable finish given the level of competition for this race. The heat had some tempers flaring through the day....but I managed to race clean with everyone around me, and finished with no incidence.

Thanks to my race team for keeping me cool and hydrated through the weekend (and the cold beers at the end of the day!!)

Thanks to GL Pro Series and Central States SKUSA for hosting a great event.

No comments:

Post a Comment