Wednesday, October 23, 2013

SHIFTERFEST

The inaugural Shifterfest took place at New Castle Motorsports park Sept 13-15. I had mixed feelings about this event. I wanted to attend as I am eager to see the SKUSA organization gain momentum in the Midwest...but have been disappointed at their previous events and scheduling dates. Even this particular event was scheduled on the same weekend at the race at Michigan International Speedway. The MIS race is a big draw for Midwest shifter drivers - oh well.

Upon arrival at the track Friday evening...the lack of competitors was obvious. I've seen more racers at NCMP on a practice weekend! Sad to say, the kart count was bad. My hope is that SKUSA can take some input from Midwest racers, and work TOGETHER with other regional series to get some shifters together. Unfortunately, ontrack driving tended to be rough without policing, and rules enforcement was inconsistent at best. A bad recipe with drivers, for a series trying to build a brand and establish a new market.

I'm hopeful that the future will bring better events to the Midwest from SKUSA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment